St Vincent's Specialist Clinics provide over 90,000 non-admitted patient appointments per year across 20 different medical and surgical specialties.
The specialist clinics provide a gateway to the hospital for patients requiring elective surgery and ongoing chronic disease management.
Tel: (03) 9231 3475
If you are a GP, please ring this number for any enquiries:
Tel: (03) 9231 2898
- Click here for referral templates
Please send referrals to FAX: (03) 9231 3489
All referrals must contain:
- Name of referring doctor including contact details
- GP name and contact details
- Patient demographics
- Patient Medicare number
- Speciality and Head of Unit to whom patient is referred
- Type of consultation required
- Reason for referral
- Medical history
- Relevant diagnostic results
- Current medications
- Breast Surgery
- Bulk-Billing Clinics
- Colorectal Surgery
- Endocrinology and Diabetes
- ENT (Head and Neck)
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Head and Neck/ENT
- Hepatobiliary & Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Oncology
- Medical Billing Clinics
- Pain Management
- Plastic Surgery and Hand
- Respiratory and Sleep
- Vascular Surgery
If a referral contains insufficient information, a request will be made for further information. If this is not received within 30 days, the referral will be rejected as per the Department of Health Specialist Clinics Access Policy
Please Note: St Vincent's Specialist Clinics DO NOT accept referrals for children under 16 years and 8 months of age. All children should be referred to the Royal Children's Hospital.
Working to Improve Access to Specialist Clinics
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne Specialist Clinics have implemented the Specialist Clinics in Victoria public hospitals Access Policy. Click here for further information on the policy.
The key principles of the policy are to:
- Provide consistent and equitable access to specialist clinic services
- Provide patient centered care and support participation in health care to optimise experience and outcomes
- Work in partnership with local, primary and community services to facilitate effective coordination of care
- Ensure timely and effective communication with patients and referrers at key stages of the specialist clinic pathway.
As per the Access policy patients who have not yet had their first appointment may be removed from the wait list if they fail to attend a booked appointment on two consecutive occasions without adequate reason or notifying us before hand.
Patients who fail to attend two consecutive review appointments may be discharged from the clinic with the approval of their treating surgeon.