Residential Aged care In-Reach provides hospital type care, where appropriate and safe, to people living in residential aged care facilities (RACF).
Residential Aged Care In-Reach is staffed by Clinical Nurse Consultants and Doctors from the Geriatrician team, who may come to your facility to assess and treat your resident in appropriate circumstances.
This may avoid the need for your resident to travel to the hospital emergency department.
Residential Aged Care In-Reach is not intended to replace the care the resident receives from their usual Doctor.
If you are worried about a sick or injured resident, the GP is not available and you need clinical advice or guidance, please call Residential Aged Care In-Reach. You will speak with a clinical nurse consultant.
We can provide clinical assistance and education with:
- Comprehensive medical and nursing assessment
- Medication reviews
- Chronic disease management
- Advanced care planning including family meetings
- Palliative care advice and referral
- Urinary Catheter care
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastroscopy (PEG) tube management
- Intravenous antibiotic treatment for chest infections, pneumonia and urinary tract infections
- Behavioural issues, advice management and referral
- The confused resident advice, assessment and referral
- Dehydration management and treatment
- Wound care
- Minor lacerations and injuries
- Post falls assessment, prevention and management
- Pain assessment and management
We have strong links with St Vincent’s emergency department and should your resident require admission we can coordinate their care through the department.
We accept telephone referrals from staff of Aged Care facilities, General Practitioners and relatives of residents.
Worried about a resident, GP not available, thinking they may need to go to hospital?
Please call 1800 891 300, 7 days a week, 8.30am - 5.00pm