St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne acknowledges the local Aboriginal people of the land on which it’s many sites are located. St Vincent’s acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional owners of the land. We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities and believe that this can be achieved, in part, through greater representation in the health workforce.
Creating a Resume and Cover Letter
In mainstream employment, it is important to submit a resume and cover letter when applying for a job. These are often the backbone of your application and are used to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience necessary to perform well in the job you are applying for.
Please find below some templates and pointers to help get started on building your own resume and cover letter to create a strong application.
Writing a Cover Letter
When writing a cover letter, it is important to:
- Include a reference to the job applying for
- Make reference to the Mission and Values of the organisation. For St Vincent’s Mission and values click here
- Be tailored to the specific job applied for
- Be properly addressed to the contact person on the job application
Please find below a few examples of well written cover letters
Cover Letter Examples
- Reconciliation Action Plan 2015-2018
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Plan 2016-2018
- Koolin Balit (2012 -2022 Victorian Government Strategic Directions for Aboriginal Health)
- Kareeta Yirramboi (Victorian Aboriginal Public Sector Employment and Career Development Action Plan 2010–2015)
If you have any further queries regarding Aboriginal Employment at St Vincent’s, please contact Sye Hodgman on 9231 2820 or email email@example.com